Code of ConductUpdatedFriday September 11, 2015 byJBL.
In order to advance the principles of sportsmanship and fair play and to promote mutual respect among players, coaches, referees and spectators, the JBL has established a
"Code of Conduct".
The JBL Code of Conduct applies to all players, coaches, parents, officials and spectators. It shall be the obligation of all program participants, spectators and parents to comply with the terms and provisions of the following Code of Conduct:
• Players deserve to have fun during their sports experience and will alert parents, coaches or league officials if it stops being fun.
• Players, Coaches, Parents and Spectators shall not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct with any other coach, parent, player, participant, official, or any other attendee.
• Parents, Coaches and Spectators will display and instill in all players, the principles of good sportsmanship and team play.
• Players, Coaches, Parents and Spectators will not argue a referee’s call.
• Players, Coaches, Parents and Spectators will treat all players, coaches and referees fairly and with respect.
• Players, Coaches, Parents and Spectators will comply with the decisions of league officials and observe all rules, policies and procedures as established or endorsed by JBL.
• Spectators shall not under any circumstance "coach" or "officiate.
• Players, Coaches, Parents and Spectators will not make negative remarks or inappropriate gestures to the opposing team or to the officials.
• Players, Coaches, Parents and Spectators shall refrain from the use of profanity and "trash talking" at all times,
• Players, Parents and Spectators shall acknowledge and appreciate the efforts of all referees, coaches, scorekeepers, and management officials.
• Parents, Coaches and Spectators will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the players ahead of any personal desire they have for the children to win.
• Players, Parents, Coaches and Spectators will never ridicule or yell at a child or other participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
• Players will honestly and wholeheartedly applaud the efforts of their teammates and opponents.
• Players and Coaches shall be generous when they win and gracious when they lose.
• Players will arrive on time to practices and games. If a situation arises to cause a player to miss a game, advance notice shall be given to the coach, if possible.
The Code is intended to provide behavioral guidance and establish clear expectations for all involved. The Code was not conceived to address every possible behavioral circumstance; however, it shall serve as the JBL’s standard for general behavioral conduct.
We encourage you to root for your team, play hard and have fun. However, the JBL will not tolerate unsportsmanlike behavior nor will it tolerate those who violate the rules. Any person violating the Code shall be subject to disciplinary or administrative action, up to and including termination of his/her privilege to participate in, or attend, any JBL games or activities.
This is a zero tolerance policy.